We bring you a new compilation of Sanskrit sentences with their English meanings. As always, we are thankful to the person who provides translations for the same–Varalakshmi Kandregula.
Our main motive behind these compilations is to bring you to the diversity of Sanskrit language and also to understand how various Sanskrit words can be used to convey the contextual meanings of English language.
Feel free to write any suggestion or feedback through the comment box.
Sanskrit Sentences with Meanings
- विजेता आनन्दी। पराजितश्च दुःखी।। जयापजययोः अनित्यतायाः वेत्ता तु नित्यसुखी।। (A winner is happy; a loser is sad. But he, who understands that winning and losing are momentary, is forever happy.)
- सदाहं चिनोमि अलसं कृच्छ्रकर्मणे यतोहि अनायासेन उपायेन तत्कर्मसाधकः।। (I will always choose a lazy person to do a difficult job because he will find an easy way to do it.–Bill Gates)
- नित्यव्याकुलतानुशयिन्याः विजयलिप्सायाः अपेक्षया प्रशान्तं निरभिमानञ्च जीवनं सुखयतितराम्।। (A calm and humble life will bring more happiness than the pursuit of success and the constant restlessness that comes with it.–Albert Einstein)
- त्वमेव त्वत्कोपस्य आद्यः वध्यः पशुः।। (You are the first victim of your own anger.)
- परेद्यवि प्राणधारणायाः अनिश्चितौ सत्यामपि प्रतिनक्तं खट्वाम् आरोहामः।। अपिच व्यवस्थापयामः घण्टानादं प्रबोधाय।। सैव आशाभिधायिनी।। (Every night we go to bed without any assurance of being alive the next morning, but still we set the alarm to wake up. That’s hope.)