We provide a collection of some Sanskrit sentences with English translations and meanings. These sentences are quite popular on the internet and the social media, but getting them in Sanskrit is quite cool and helps in understanding the language better.
We hope that you learn something from these sentences and continue your journey of learning the Sanskrit language. Feel free to share your thoughts and views through the comment section.
- तव पितॄणाम् अदृश्यकराभम् आशंसनं प्रत्यहं त्वां त्रायते। (The prayers of your parents is that invisible hand that saves the day.)
- भग्नाशेन त्वया जनाः अनिन्द्याः। अत्याकाङ्क्षी त्वमेव हि गर्ह्यः।। (Don’t blame people for disappointing you. Blame yourself for expecting too much.)
- सद्व्यवहारः अमूल्योऽपि हृदयानां कोटिम् आवर्जयितुं शक्तः। (Good behavior does not have any economic value but it has the power to win millions of hearts.)
- अवश्यमेव भोक्तव्यं कृतं कर्म शुभाशुभम्। (You get what you do in return.)
- द्वयोः जनयोः मध्ये महदन्तरं कल्पयति वैमत्यम्। (The worst distance between two people is a misunderstanding.)
- भव प्रेरकः। भुवने नैके सन्ति छिद्रान्वेषिणः। (Be an encourager. The world has plenty of critics already.)
- सोपानपङ्क्तितुल्योऽस्ति उद्यमः। उन्नयनीतुल्यास्ति नियतिः। कादाचित्कतया विफला स्यादुन्नयनी परं ध्रुवमुन्नयति सोपानपङ्कतिः। (Hard work is like stairs and luck is like a lift. Sometimes, the lift may fail but stairs will always take you to the top.)
- यः समस्याभ्यः पलायते स स्पर्धायां न कदापि विजयते। (Running away from your problems is a race you will never win.)
(All the translations are provided by Varalakshmi Kandregula)