So, the result has reversed. India, from an almost commanding position, tamed in lightly. Indian batters fell like a pack of cards. What went wrong? The main point was lack of drive in the Indian players as noticeable from their body-language. The field-position, ability to take risks, and to make proactive decision were the main points that led to loss topped by the batting failure though the bowlers had performed quite remarkably.
Vineet Garg points out some things in the four days that could be featured: [You can reach Vineet at his mobile no: 9413705286]
1. Saurav Ganguly should be made Indian team’s coach.
2. There should be a director of Indian Cricket.
3. Captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni should be replaced in different formats–there should be different captains for One Day, Test and Twenty20.
4. Vineet also mentioned Dhoni has has termed Ishant Sharma as a defensive bowler when he is actually a strike bowler. An Indian bowler, who has been clocking 150 kmph can not be termed as a defensive bowler by any logic. This incident reminds of a similar one when Harbhajan Singh was termed similarly.
5. Umesh Yadav should be preserved for long-term career.
6. There should be a change in Indian team composition for the next test.
Day 4 Summary
Day 3 Summary
Day 2 Summary
Day 1 Summary