As young children, they learn English words and phrases like “hello”, “fine” or “good”. But as they grow up, they realize that it’s not enough! Speaking another language is a necessity for finding a job in another country, so they decide to study English abroad?
If this is your case or you don’t want to be the exception, you’ve come to the right place! We prepared this post to tell you about the benefits of learning English abroad. In addition, we will tell you some tips for studying English abroad.
Benefits of studying English abroad
You are probably asking yourself, is it worth the effort and investment to study English abroad? Of course, it is. You no longer have to ask to do my essay online because, after the trip, you will be able to write papers on any topic yourself. Based on the experiences of hundreds of young people, we will show you some of the reasons to start this adventure.
- Get excellent study opportunities. You have access to recognized schools around the world that have high-level educational programs.
- Immerse yourself in the language. Being surrounded by native speakers forces you to practice the language to master it much faster.
- Increase your confidence and self-esteem. Seeing how you are progressing in the language and that you understand and speak it better and better makes you feel proud of yourself and your abilities.
- Explore new cultures. Learning English abroad is your chance to become a citizen of the world, understand other customs, and see life from new and fresh perspectives.
- Meet cool people. During your trip, you will not only learn English, but you will make new friends and make your WhatsApp contact list much more “international” as well.
- See different things. Your trip will not only be about studying and that’s it because you can get to know the city you have decided to live in and enjoy everything it has to offer.
- You will become smarter. By learning a new language, you force your brain to work on the cognitive part. As a result, you become more decisive and mentally agile.
- You will add weight to your resume. The section on other languages is very important in your CV. So adding your English certificate will put you above other applicants.
Types of Courses to Study English Abroad
Before you go abroad to study English, you must make an important decision: choose a course that suits your goals. To guide you in this process, we will show you the main study options you will find.
Intensive English courses
Intensive English courses aim to refresh your knowledge and prepare you for a higher level. They usually last from 1 to 3 months, so they are the ideal option for learning English fast!
General English courses
General English courses are ideal for reinforcing the main aspects of the English language: listening, writing, reading, and speaking. They often range in length from 9 months to 2 years.
Fewer hours are studied per week and these are divided into alternating classes that can be adjusted to fit your schedule. So, if you are not in a hurry to learn, this type, of course, is perfect for you.
Preparation for official exams
These courses are very important! They serve as preparation for world-recognized exams. If you need to take the TOEFL, IELTS, or Cambridge exams, this is the key to getting the highest score and being on the safe side.
Tips to learn English abroad faster
This new adventure maybe a little scary, but don’t worry! Traveling will make you super happy and we have prepared some tips that are very useful to study English abroad.
- Interact with native speakers. This way, you learn local expressions, expand your vocabulary and perfect your pronunciation.
- Look for a job related to the public. The more you speak, the more you practice and improve until you become a fluent English speaker.
- Activities in English. One of the tips for learning English from 0 is to think like an English speaker. That is, watch movies, listen to podcasts and read books in English.
- Do a language exchange. Some people want to learn your language, so you can offer to teach them if they give you some English lessons.
- Organize study sessions. Get together with your classmates to read and converse in English. This will help you improve your speaking and listening skills, and solve some doubts as well.
- Get to know the culture. Knowing English is not just about words and grammar. If you take the time to find out about the customs and traditions of the country you are in, it will be easier to understand jokes, sayings, stories, and legends.
- Have fun! Learning a new language can be a frustrating process. So find ways to have fun: sing, do crossword puzzles, record videos, watch YouTube channels, and don’t worry about getting it wrong.
Well, we have come to the end of this article and we hope the information will help you take the first steps to learning English abroad.
This is a life-changing experience and you can’t put it off any longer. Pack your suitcase, get out of your comfort zone and dare to learn one of the most spoken languages in the world! That’s the first step to being very successful.