Social Media is the new media, the emerging media, the media where millions of users are thronging and spending a lot of their time.
Blogging, putting up user generated videos, microblogging with services like Twitter, rating sites or web articles, creating reviews of products, participation in Social Networking sites like Facebook, Orkut, MySpace, LinkedIn, etc. etc. All of these constitute the larger space referred to as Social Media. And it is not just the one-sided placement of articles or videos, but in fact, the consumer-to-consumer interaction that happens, as a result.
On account of this, products / services / brands get discussed threadbare.
On account of this, a bad experience pulls down a brand quickly, virally and harshly.
On account of this, reputations can be damaged very alarmingly. All in all, Social media represents the shift of the balance, in favor of the consumer.
If you are in business, you need to be concerned about Social Media. Today. NOW!
With respect to the Social Media, any CEO should answer these fundamental questions:
- What do you know about your customers in the social web?
- Do you really know what customers say about you and your brand?
- Do you know how accessible your customer base is and therefore how vulnerable you are?
- How do you identify and work with key influencer?
- Are you ready if your competitors go after your customers in the social web?
- Is your team available if customers are asking questions publicly -or you don’t even know?
- How do you embed your sales organization into the social web of customers?
- Do you know how to leverage the social web for your support organization?
- Do you have an idea about ROI and effectiveness of social media?
- Do you know how to measure improvements and success in the social web?
- Have you ever thought about empowering your team to engage?
- Did you ever consider involving and leveraging your partners?
- Did it occur to you that the social web may be ideal to compete for mindshare?
- Are you able to create a social media strategy?
- Do you have enough information to decide whether to ignore or engage?
These put the real perspective on Social Media and its impact.
Because the growth of the space has been so rapid (Facebook now has 5% of the world’s population as members!!), companies have clearly not had the time to figure out a proper strategy, and then look for implementation, to get into the Social Media space.
This is where our company and our services come into the play.
Social Wavelength offers Social Media Management services, inclusive of various individual modules, or a complete package of services. The range of services offered, includes:
- Orientation to Social Media: Free orientation to social media (how does this really affect your business)
- Consulting: Pre-assessment of company’s social presence: Research and consulting to identify the initial state of the company’s social presence, in terms of the key influence drivers for the company on social media, and figuring out what the current and prospective customers of the company are talking about including discussions about the company, and its competitors
- Creating a Strategic Plan: Specific to the company, after recognizing its clear positioning and its needs, to create a strategic plan for using social media. This would include aspects like implementation plan, budget allocation, placing a strategy team, creating a clear draft of expectations, and also proposing the social media ROI, as a result
- Social Conversation Monitoring & Reporting: Set up software and systems to tap social conversations; set up monitoring / reporting systems, within the company, or extend outsourced service for the same
- Engaging your customers: Based on social conversations monitored, to tap opportunities then, to engage customers via comments, blog posts, videos, etc. to open up a dialog with the customers, using all technologies, including Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin, etc.
- Social Media Marketing: Creating communities and engaging and energizing them, to become evangelists and loyal advocates of the brand, and convert to sales through social media viral referrals
- Social Media Education: To create in-house Social Media practitioners, provide training for them, including online and hands-on training as per the company’s needs
- Influencer Identification and Outreach: To identify and reach out to the influencers when it comes to the relevant TG and through them, get the message out to their readers/audience
- Custom Development: To ideate, create, deploy and promote custom applications based on various Social Media platforms