10 reasons you should give Ubuntu a try
Here are some of the glaring reasons that would make you pick up a Ubuntu CD and give it a try while keeping your earlier operating system intact. Though there are lots of them, I will put up the 10 most easily seen and felt reasons in Ubuntu.
- You will find it quite easily that Ubuntu stands as the best Linux distro available that takes the hardware recognition quite easily and effectively. I have used Ubuntu on many systems including laptops and desktops with different configurations and there is no hardware problem that I faced.
- Synaptic makes it easier and simple for you to handle package management and software installation and you won’t feel dismembered from your earlier love operating system Windows.
- You can’t leave without mentioning that the updation and release cycle of Ubuntu is really fast.
- It is very secure as a system working on Ubuntu effectively has a different root user name.
- The support system for Ubuntu is one of its kind and you can’t go unimpressed with its fastness and effectiveness.
- You don’t face problems if you would like to have dual booting systems. Ubuntu makes it really easy.
- EasyUbuntu is the best free tool for Ubuntu users especially when they are new to Linux. EasyUbuntu installs everything from video drivers to flash browser plug-ins so that you can use your system easily.
- You can tweak your system to get faster internet connections. In Windows, this needs to be done using a third-party software which you will have to buy.
- It does not require too much of space–it’s compact and small and can work on systems that have lower configuration.
- It’s simple and you don’t need to be a geek in Linux if you want to try it. The user interface of Ubuntu is really simple and you can use it as you used Windows.