Gujarati Names of Animals

Pin It

List of Gujarati Names of Animals from English–જનાવરો

Here is a list of Gujarati names of animals from English. If you would like to know Gujarati name of any other animal, you can contact us through comment section. We will love to hear from you if you would like to provide you feedback in making these tutorials more interesting or better.

Elephant હાથી
Goat બકરો
Cat બિલાડો
Dog કુતરો
Pin It

17 thoughts on “Gujarati Names of Animals

• April 27, 2009 at 5:31 am

i like give me more animals name @animals yongwon name
    (maa ane bacha nu nam)
    give me reply
    thnking you

• June 23, 2010 at 12:33 am

hi vivek I am gujarati but i have lived mostly abroad making my mother tongue a little weak. Recently i heard stories from my mother side relatives about some creature called ( VANIYAAR or VANIYAR ) they use to roam around in domestic areas of Ahmedabad city. They only use to come out in the night. It is rumored that they use to attack small new born babies. They are Black colored with long funnel shape (fox) like creature. As far as the relatives said they look like cats. Now they have disappeared or had gotten extinct…. No idea…. but its like no body has seen them in years now…..One of my relative said they are neither classified into wild cats nor a monkey or a fox species…something which were a mix breed….they usually climb through pipes of the building and jump around from building to building….Is it possible for you to give me this creatures English name….

Thanks

• March 8, 2011 at 9:05 pm

They call a wild animal by name “DIPDA” what animal is it?
    What is its english name? Cheetah or lepord or tiger?
    Give all guj names of these wild cats.

• June 11, 2014 at 9:34 am

Hi Sherryl Charles
      Dipda is Gujarati name of Cheetah /Leopard.
      Tiger is knows as Vagh
      I believe this will be helpful to you.

Best Regards,

squirrel means ખિસકોલી
    stag means હરણ (નરજાતિ)
    porcupine means શાહુડી

• February 22, 2012 at 4:46 pm

@Sherryl Charles
    Hey Sherryl,

I came across this website while searching for an answer myself. I haven’t been very sucessful yest, but I think I can help you with your question.

Cheetah – Chitto (Gujarati)
    Lepord – Dipdo (singular) Dipda (plural)
    Tiger – Vagh

Hope this will help.

My story and question is exactly the same as Shaurya’s. There are no replies to that question and I would really like to know this.

Cheers!!

• August 24, 2012 at 1:48 am

i want to know what do we call a child of camel?

and a child of margi? in gujarati

• August 10, 2014 at 12:27 pm

The animal which is known as “Ghorkhodiyu” or “Jabadiyu” in Gujarati, I want it’s English translation along with image of that animal. Will you please send me?